There are so many options out there for an exciting break away from it all over the festive season and in this guide we’ve put together something that will give you tips on where to go. We don’t just focus on the coach holiday Ireland you can take but on the sun seekers destinations. Have a look through the guide and see whether there’s anything that takes your fancy! Some of you out there must love making lists, going up to the attic or storage cupboards to find the decorations and even being excited to wake up early on Christmas morning to get started on the Christmas dinner you waited all year for. But if the thought of the holiday season at home again with the endless round of family visits and visitors feels like too much hard work, why not change things up? We have an excellent idea for you: why not take off on a relaxing get away? Or failing that, go online and look up some fantastically festive Xmas coach holidays.
- Malta: At Christmas, Malta lights up with lots of decorations from the beachside cafes and bars to the historical streets and churches of the country’s capital. The compact, cosy little island is perfect for exploring the ancient fortified towns and neighbouring tiny Gozo, or simply relaxing in your seaside resort hotel.
- Spain: Choosing to stay in the lively city of Barcelona for a short break and explore the wild coast of the Costa Brava on Christmas Day. Or, spend Christmas Day relaxing in a hotel spa in the hills of Andalucia, enjoying various trips to Seville, home of the flamenco and Granada with its beautiful palaces.
- Cyprus: The town of beautiful Paphos will be looking forward to its year as European Capital of Culture this year over Christmas and you can join the celebrations over Christmas Eve dinner and perhaps a visit from the Cypriot Father Christmas for the kids! The mild winter weather is better to handle than the colder weather in the English countryside! It’s perfect for visiting the archaeological sites!
- Portugal: If you choose to base yourself in the peaceful resort of Estoril, you’ll be among gorgeous seaside walks and only a short hop from the beautiful city of Lisbon and the perfect base for sightseeing in the former royal playground of Sintra. Head south to the Algarve if you are able to. It is the sunshine coast of the country is absolutely and perfect at Christmas time.
- Canary Island Cruise: Not many people know this, but you can sail south to the sun on a Christmas and New Year cruise from Bristol. Christmas Day is spent celebrating at sea and Boxing Day in Gibraltar on a two week cruise to the canary islands and Madeira, 500 miles from the coast of Africa in the Atlantic.